Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running on Reserve Power

My computer just warned me that it is "running on reserve battery power." The icon is flashing in red in the top right hand corner of my computer, a constant reminder to plug in soon. If I don't, another message will appear. In fact, it just now popped onto my screen: "Please connect your computer to AC power. If you do not, your computer will go to sleep in a few minutes to preserve the contents of memory."

This got me thinking about life. It's weird what prompts these moments of clarity.

Tonight, at this very moment, as I finish a paper and try to find the energy and intellect to read five articles for tomorrow morning's class discussion, I find myself wanting to plug into the wall, if only for a moment, to find that surge of power to keep me charged.

Graduate school. Full time job. Travel. I suddenly feel like a computer running on low battery. I find comfort knowing that I am surrounded by reasons to recharge.

Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment