Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hittin' the road

Tomorrow got here fast. When I think about how long I've known I'd be sailing on the fall voyage, I remember feeling like it would never get here. And, now, all of a sudden, tomorrow is here. I can't wait to hit the road and head to Norfolk.

Th ship comes in on Saturday morning. Emily likes to joke and claims the MV Explorer is my real girlfriend. I disagree - but I sure do love watching her come into the final port. We sail to Halifax on Monday night (Emily too!) and then its off on my third voyage. Pretty exciting.


It's going to be one of those nights where I don't sleep much even though I am exhausted. I passed the torch to my graduate intern turned Interim Registrar today. She will do a great job. It felt strange to walk out of the office tonight knowing I won't be back there until January.

A huge adventure lies ahead, and I am grateful for the opportunity. As Kobi Yamada said, "Some experiences simply do not translate; you have to go to know." It's time to go...

1 comment:

  1. GodSpeed brother. thank you for making our experience so special this summer. Make sure to buy that real girlfriend a nice dinner in Halifax.

    ReplyDelete